Friday 28 October 2011

Seeking the Truth... Harrowing Viewing...SNU Changes….From the Past…The Horror of Drugs…Book Review…

Diary...

9th October.... It was a pleasure as always to take the Service at Largs Spiritualist Church.  This is the only church that I serve which has a Sunday afternoon service.  Always a busy church with a dedicated committee. 
10th.... No churches but a busy time seeing three families who had contacted Spiritualist Churches.  This is an area where I feel is neglected and something we should be looking into.
11th October... I attended the Falkirk Spiritualist Church (SNU) a church as I have mentioned before with its own premises which is in use most days of the week.
12th October... Heading west this time to the White Rose Spiritualist Church in Gourock.  It always seems to be raining when I am in Gourock.
16th saw me at the Ayr Spiritualist Centre.  Lovely decor and always such a loving and friendly atmosphere. 
17th... A break from Spiritualism and my research I attended Airdrie library for a talk by ex MP/MSP Dennis Canavan about his first venture into writing “let The People Decide”.
19th... Taking a meditation class.
........................................................................................................

       Seeking the Truth...


One of the first emails I got on this website was from a lady asking the following; -

“What advice do you give to anyone going into a Spiritualist Church for the first time?”... Mavis...

“I replied; -

“Have an open mind, common sense and maybe do a little bit of research
afterwards”.

Back came the comment; -

“I thought you would have said a massive amount of active imagine HA HA”... Mavis

I thought that would be the end of that contact but Mavis did reply a few months later and I was really interested in her comments.

“Did eventually go to a Spiritualist Church and I got a message from the medium.  It was only 10% accurate and if it had not been for the connection with the three parts I could accept I would have dismissed it all as a load of nonsense.

The medium mentioned two names at the same time, John and Gilbert.  John is a common name but the same cannot be said about Gilbert.  I had two uncles who were very close called John and Gilbert and they passed when I was young

Also from the platform I was given that one of these men was born with some form of deformity, my Uncle Gilbert was born with one leg shorter than the other. 

Probably just a coincidence as  I could not accept the other 90% of the message I suppose the John, Gilbert and the deformity was really only three coincidences one after another”.

I suggested that even though she was confident that she could not accept any more of what she had been given, she should do a little bit research into her two uncles and what was going on around the family where they were here.  She did and this is where a few interesting facts started to unfold. 

“Connections with a gamekeeper”... No gamekeeper in the family that she could find.   ...But... these two uncles along with their brothers and other children of the area acted as beaters in the local estate during the shooting season.  Even a few comments from older members of the family about poaching but we will not venture there.

“Connections with Australia and New Zealand”... She thought she had heard of a family member who had immigrated to Canada. But no living family member had heard of the “Canadian connection”.  But in the back of their minds they had heard of family connections in New Zealand and Australia. Mavis was beginning to enjoy this investigation and on facebook she has traced a member of her family in New Zealand.

So do we have to research every message?  No, but when one gets a message they should think it over for few days.  What they could not accept, something might come to mind that later on other parts of the message could be accepted. 

Also with a message you can accept at the time, think it over for a few days as there may be much more you can take out of it than you originally thought.

Back to Mavis for a moment...

Would the two uncles have come forward and gave the information that they gave if Mavis was not the type of person who does not like to let things lie?  Mavis has always wanted to look into the family tree and spend time doing a little research into things that interested her, the message finally kick-started her into action.

In the past two weeks I have received another email from Mavis.

“A knee problem that I have had for many years is getting worse and it has started to curtail some of my activities.  I wonder if this is another reason Gilbert came forward as he had a leg problem since birth and yet he never lay down to it, he worked hard all his working life?”

........................................................................................................

Harrowing Viewing...          

My TV viewing last week was gruesome to say the least....
Three BBC’s Panorama programmes “The Secret Lives of Britain's Child Beggars”, “The Rise in Child Sacrifice in Uganda” and “Atrocities in Libya”…  These three programmes did not paint a good picture of what goes on in our plane in 2011   The use and abuse of children and the abuse of power are still as prevalent today as it was several hundred years ago.
The difference between the past and today is that today we have so many organizations trying to right the wrongs and it is time we gave them more support. It is time that governments make it a No-1 priority to target all areas where there is the abuse of children.
After watching those three programmes I felt that I had to cheer myself up so I tuned into a TV channel where a comedy was advertised.  But as usual with so much of modern-day so called comedy where the scriptwriters seem to think that the only way to get laughter is with foul mouth obscenities.  Thank goodness another channel was showing an episode of “Dad’s Army”.

……………………………………………………………………

                                SNU Changes….
From 1st October 2011 there will no longer be Classes A, B, C or D membership classifications within the SNU.  The new classifications are as follows:
Class A changes to – Church Representative.
Class B changes to – Individual Member.
Provisional Class B changes to – Provisional Individual Member.
Class C changes to – Kindred Body Representative
Class D changes to – Affiliated Member.

………………………………………………………………..

From the Past… 
1934 – First broadcast on behalf of Spiritualism through BBC by Ernest Oaten.

…………………………………………………………………


Just as I was about to end this blog I watch another TV programme were the topic is anything but cheery.

On the Jeremy Kyle show I see what drugs had done to a young lady.  This was a repeat of a show two years ago and things have got better for the young lass but it is unlikely she will fully get over mentally or physically the ravages of the particular nasty drug she took.
It makes my blood boil where I hear people say that they take drugs for recreational purposes and it does them no harm.  Maybe such comments should be treated like racists comments and anyone who says such a thing could be taken to court.

……………………………………………………………….

 




No comments:

Post a Comment