Sunday 29 December 2013

My Diary... A Mockery of Divine Justice... Kilmarnock Spiritualist Church... A Stray Cat's Prayer...2013 Looking Back...

 
 
 
20th November I was at the College of Parapsychology, Edinburgh.   The college has an interesting programme throughout the year their website is worth checking out for the latest details.  www.edinburghpsychiccollege.com
24th Was my last visit to Fife for the year and I was attending the Dunfermline Spiritualist Church, 3 Lady Campbell’s walk.
27th Only a few miles up the road to ASK Neilston for a workshop.
28th – There was a big turnout at the Larkfield Spiritualist Church, Blantyre.  This church opened its doors in 2007 and was quickly accepted by the community.  The church supports many causes including Hessilhead Wildlife centre in Ayrshire www.hessilheadwildlife.org.uk where we are currently sponsoring a roe deer named Scoobie.
1st – December I was at the Ayr Spiritualist Centre, 10 Alloway Place.
2nd – There was a good turnout at the Pollockshaws and District Spiritualist Church.
3rd – Another good turnout for The Central Glasgow Spiritualist Church’s Tuesday afternoon service.  64 Berkeley Street, Glasgow, G3 7DS
4th – I had a short journey down the road to The Kilwinning Temple of Light Spiritualist Church, Kilwinning.  This was one of the first churches I took a service at.  This has always been a church that has been well supported by the local community.
5th Weather caused me to postpone the development circle.  In all the years – even in bad winters I have seldom had to cancel because of the weather.
8th –I took the Divine Service at Kilmarnock Spiritualist Church on a very wet evening.  So wet that parts of the road were flooded and I am surprised there was a congregation.
9th – I was again back at Kilmarnock and it was a privilege to share the platform with three of the churches fledglings.   Well done Andy, Elizabeth and Nadine And I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Kilmarnock church for letting me play a part in the development of their fledglings...
 
Silver Birch comments; -
It is a mockery of divine justice to think that death-bed repentance will wipe away all the wrongs you have done”.  Yet there are many in other religions who believe a death-bed admission of wrong will clear the path in Heaven for their new life.  That is why I look on our 5th Principle- Personal Responsibility – as being so important and makes it on par with the Clairvoyance in making us so different from other religions
And my thoughts above fitted in perfectly when asked at a discussion group recently, “What is the biggest gulf to bridge between Spiritualism and Christianity”...  As I was the only Spiritualist attending I am sure I shocked everyone by not coming out with “”Clairvoyance”.  I opted for “Our 5th Principle – Personal Responsibility”.
As Spiritualists we are responsible for our own actions and that no one can bear them for us.  We cannot look on a death-bed confession as a guarantee of forgiveness and we will have nothing to answer for as we move into a new existence.  To do as we please during our prime and then to utter a few words as this life slips away thinking all will be forgiven, surely does not say much for us as an individual or do anything for the reputation of our religion.    We know that as we discard this physical body it is not the end.  The more effort we put into taking Personal Responsibility for our own deeds in this life, the smoother it will be for us in our next life.
Some of those attending were shocked that I did not pray on a daily basis that my sins be forgiven.  Several of the group kept repeating “”We are all sinners – including you”.  Yes, I don’t think anyone leads a perfect life but we just cannot go along each day collecting yellow and red cards, to use a football expression, and then to mutter a few words at the end of each day to get these cards rescinded.  And even we Spiritualists carrying Personal Responsibility to the fore cannot lead faultless lives.  These days we are part of an almighty rat race and the best we can do is hopefully making the right decision at the time.  If later we feel we could have acted differently then we can comfort ourselves by knowing that we did what we felt was right at the time.
Some religions = a religion of salvation by conformity, whilst Spiritualism = a religion of progression by endeavour.
One gentleman on the night brought up what I thought was a comical but also serious food for thought “Just say I am happy to go through life being greedy and tramping on the toes of others.  Having the best life I can, relying on the insurance of asking for forgiveness on my death-bed.  THEN SUDDENLY – I drop dead in the High Street... What becomes of me in the thereafter? There was no time to say I am sorry”. 
I am not making fun or being anti other religions but I feel that one should be able to look openly at their religion and see if what they have been led to believe over the years adds up... 
 



The Kilmarnock Spiritualist Church, founded in 1936 this church has long been a place of welcome, support and learning for all those who have entered its doors. This church is proud to be affiliated to the SNU, the leading Spiritualist organization in the UK.  And a quote from the church’s website.  This church offers an open door to all who wish to enter and hope the saying “...there are no strangers here , only friends who have yet to meet” holds true for all who do” . For those living within traveling distance of the Kilmarnock church and want to know a little more about Spiritualism the Tuesday Group is something you may consider.  This friendly informal group meets at 2pm to investigate and explore all aspects of Spiritualism A very varied and interesting programme is in place and all members and non members alike are welcome to attend

 Weekly services include :

 Divine Service, this in structure probably resembles more orthodox services held on a Sunday at 6pm …with music, a speaker and a demonstration of Medium ship

 Public Demonstration of Medium ship held on a Monday evening at 7-30pm

 Healing Services are held throughout the week and are again open to everyone who would care to join with us and receive the benefits of Spiritual Healing  1pm on Tuesday…7pm on Thursday evenings —and 11am on a Saturday.

 The highlight of the year for many as far as Spiritualism is concerned  is “The Kilmarnock Experience”.  This is a  fantastic teaching  weekend of lectures , workshops and demonstrations with highly acclaimed mediums and tutors .
This is an opportunity to continue to develop and expand your psychic, spiritual
and mediumistic potential to the fullest in an atmosphere of harmony and fellowship.

One of the pleasures of being on the platform of Kilmarnock Spiritualist Church is that on the platform one gets to admire the amazing stain glass window in memory of Duncan Bicket who was president of the church for close on three decades.  I find that I get great inspiration from looking at the window during the service, whether it is daylight or the street light that is shining through.    My only regret is that the congregation are not facing this beautiful window throughout the service.
 




 

                          A Stray Cat'S Prayer

Dear God, please send me somebody who’ll care…
I’m so tired of running and sick with despair.
My body is aching and filled with such pain,
And I pray for a cure as I run through the rain.

That someone will love me and give me a home,
A warm cozy bed, and food of my own.
My last owner left me alone in the yard…
I watched as they moved, and man that was hard.

So I waited a while, then went on my way,
To rummage in garbage and live as a stray.
But now, I’m so tired and hungry and cold,
And I’m so afraid that I will never grow old.

They’ve chased me with sticks and hit with straps,
While I run through the street just looking for scraps.
I’m not really bad, please help if you can.
For I have become just a “victim of man.”

I’m wormy, I’m starving and ridden with fleas;
And all that I want is an owner to please.
If you find one for me, I’ll try to be good.
I won’t scratch the carpet; I’ll do as I should.

I would love them, play their games and try to obey.
I would be so grateful if they’d only let me stay!
I don’t think I’ll make it too long on my own,
Because I am getting weak and I’m so all alone.

Each night as I sleep in the bushes I cry,
I am so afraid that soon I am going to die.
I’ve got so much love and devotion to give,
Couldn’t I be given a new chance to live?

So dear God, please hear me, please answer my prayer,
And send someone to me who REALLY WILL CARE.

~ANONYMOUS

 
 
Since its resurrection in December 2011the Psychic News has went from strength to strength and is now a glossy monthly magazine.  But I hope that this magazine does not become all glamour, glitter and celebrities.  We need more space for letters from readers, articles on the experience of the ordinary people who attend our churches...





2013 - Looking Back.....

Over the past few years I have been concerned about the closure of community halls and the increase in rental of those which stay open.  But so far this has not had too much of an impact on our churches.  Long may it remain that way?

Having it confirmed by the SNU that they will take action against any award holder that gives a demonstration of clairvoyance where drink is consumed.  We only need our churches to follow suit as far as the mediums that appear on their platforms.
The entertainment side still grows but maybe not as fast as in recent years.

The ego, fame and fortune still clings to the coat tails of our religion and is something that is not going to go away unless we meet it head on.
But I have seen worse years as far as ‘Spiritualism the Religion is concerned.

 
*** Plese excuse any mistakes as the PC or the site is playing up this exening***


 

No comments:

Post a Comment